From mud racing to music festivals there are events for the whole family in Valemount in the heart of the Robson Valley.
Come for the Mountains, Stay for the Party
The mountains may lure you in, but you’ll keep coming back for the people and our celebrations. The entire Robson Valley comes alive during the annual Valemountain Days in June, with a parade, a pageant, bouncy castles and a barbecue competition.
In July, make sure to pack your cowboy hat when you visit us for the Canoe Mountain Rodeo. Cowboys and cowgirls from throughout the region compete in barrels, bull riding, bareback and more.
In August, the Mud Races return at the Rodeo Grounds. Decibel levels are intense as the trucks tear into the track, shattering the peace of the valley for one intense and unforgettable weekend. Bring the family for the Mount Robson Marathon. And for those looking to experience music in the mountains, use Valemount as your base for the annual multi-genre Robson Valley Music Festival. Here are some more ways you can mix and mingle with the locals
When travelling throughout Valemount and the Robson Valley look for a comprehensive list of weekly events, activities and festivals posted at area Visitor Centres, tourism businesses, RV parks and campgrounds.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Head into the Village of Valemount for our annual Valemountain Days event. Help us celebrate our unique history
- Watch the Canada Day fireworks from the Sports Plex on July 1
- Come cheer on our cowboys and cowgirls as they vie for a cash prize in the annual Canoe Mountain Rodeo in July
- Get messy as the North West Mud Racers take over the Canoe River Rodeo Grounds each August
- Dance like nobody’s watching during the annual Robson Valley Music Festival in Dunster each August
- What a catch! Come out and support a good cause at the Valemount Marina Fishing Derby at Kinbasket Lake on the Labour Day long weekend
- Feel the energy and surge ahead during the Mount Robson Marathon. Registration opens May 1 for the September event
- Join in the race, testing your skills and abilities during the legendary Valemount Winter Festival in January
- Spend your Thursday afternoon at the Farmers’ Market, pick up some local produce for supper as well as beautiful, handmade gifts
- Campsites and hotels fill up quickly on event weekends. Book in advance to avoid disappointment
- Registration for the Mount Robson Marathon opens May 1. If the event is full, you will be put on a wait-list
- The Robson Valley Music Festival has a maximum capacity of 1,000 people, so the earlier you purchase tickets the better
- Give wildlife space, and never feed wildlife. Even if it doesn’t appear dangerous, it could be in the right circumstances
- Leave no trace — pack out what you pack in whenever you head out into the wilds that surround Valemount, make sure you bring back what you brought in. Thank you for helping keep our valley pristine
- Be prepared for sudden weather changes — dress accordingly
- Mosquitoes love our mountain air, so wear insect repellent