Valemount Visitor Centre
The Valemount Visitor/Interpretive Centre is the perfect first stop for anyone visiting Valemount. Friendly staff provide great local and provincial information, maps, room reservations, and bookings for local activities. The centre also has free WIFI and a wide selection of Valemount souvenirs including arts and crafts from local artisans that are available for purchase.
The Interpretive Centre provides a variety of displays about the Swift Creek Chinook Salmon Run, which is just a short walk from the centre, and also about the Premier Mountain Range. Other displays change regularly and may include educational information on the local wildlife, history, and the environment. During the month of August, witness the spectacular Chinook salmon spawning in Swift Creek, just a 2 minute walk from the centre. Nature programs about the Chinook Salmon run take place every evening at 7 pm in August and take place at George Hicks Regional Park.
- Great local and provincial information, brochures and maps
- Fun, interactive displays about the Chinook Salmon including a life-sized model of an adult Chinook Salmon
- Salmon Nature Programs every evening at 7:00 pm during the month of August
- Bookings for local outdoor recreation activities including whitewater rafting, gentle rafting float trips, helicopter tours, jeep tours, heli-hiking, and ATV tours
- British Columbia camping guides
- Local crafts, Valemount and BC souvenirs
- BC Freshwater Fishing Licences
- Internet access and free WIFI
- Viewpoint for Mount Pierre Elliott Trudeau in the Premier Mountain Range, which was set aside to honour Canadian Prime Ministers
- Nature displays about local flora, fauna, and wildlife