Let the mountains move you in Valemount, a quiet mountain town in British Columbia’s North Thompson Valley in the Thompson-Okanagan Region.
Valemountain Days 2019
Come join in the fun from June 7 to 9, 2019 for Valemountain Days. This event just gets better every year!
Saturday and Sunday, Valemountain Days will be at the Sports Plex. This year’s Friday activities are at Centennial Park and start at 4 pm.
Bring the family for face painting and safety displays on Friday. Then, let the kids have fun on the 40 x 22 foot blow-up water slide. Be sure to bring some dry clothes and towels as, chances are, they won’t stay dry for long!
Friday’s safety displays include:
- RCMP bike rodeo and talk.
- Drug Overdose information by BC Ambulance.
- Teddy Bear Clinic by BC Ambulance.
- Display on house fire safety and the mini-firetruck with also be on site, by the Volunteer Fire Department.
- Emergency Communications System Sign-up (Voyent Alert) by the Village of Valemount.
- Railroad Safety Operation Lifesaver Program.
- Electrical Safety Display by BC Hydro.
- Family Safety Display by Robson Valley Community Services.
- Wildfire Safety Display by BC Wildfire Service.
- Child and Youth Mental Health and Substance Use Collaborative has a display on mental health issues.
Music, Clowns, Bouncy Castles, Food and More!
The music starts at 4 pm with some great local talent playing until 9 pm Friday night at Centennial Park and again from 1 to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday at the Sportsplex Grounds. Bring your dancing shoes and dance to your heart’s content!
There’s plenty happening on Saturday and Sunday at the Sportsplex including clowns and bouncy castles.
Softball starts Friday at 5 pm and goes through the whole weekend. Come cheer on the teams from 8 am to 8 pm Saturday and 9 am to 4 pm on Sunday.
Beer Gardens and concessions are also open Saturday and Sunday. This year, pulled pork sandwiches are on the menu.
Here are some other great happenings over the weekend:
- Quilters guild display on Saturday.
- Parade Saturday: Line-up starts at 9 am with judging at 9:45 am. Parade starts at 10:30 am.
- Logger Sports: On both Saturday and Sunday. This year there are kid’s logger sports
- Chili Cook Off: Starting Saturday at 9 am.
- Saturday’s watermelon eating contest from 1 pm to 3 pm.
- Chicken Crap Bingo on Saturday and Sunday. Place your bets and watch where the poop falls!
- Dunk Tank: Friday to Sunday. Sign up and get dunked by your friends and neighbours!
There are also fundraising activities that benefit our community including:
- Minor hockey raffle
- Beer garden raffle for first responders on Saturday and Sunday
- Bingo fundraiser for a family in need on both Saturday and Sunday
- Silent Auction for Community Relief
Come for a few hours or enjoy the entire weekend at Valemountain Days. Pick up a full schedule of events at the Valemount Visitor Centre. Then rest up, because the following weekend is the vALEmount Craft Beer Experience!