Skiing & Snowboarding
Hang on for the ride of your life! sail through some of BC’s deepest powder in an area so vast, so pristine, you become a part of nature.
Pristine Powder and Million Dollar Views
Come join us at the top of the world, at the doorstep of the Canadian Rockies. If you’re on the hunt for deep, pristine powder and million dollar views, this is where to find it. Head up the Cariboo Mountains, strap on some fat skis or a snowboard and create waves of champagne powder. Step onto a Snowcat and head up, up and away into the mountain ranges that surround us. Nothing comes close to the thrill of carving a path down the side of a mountain that appears untouched by man.
On the Prowl – Cat Skiing
Test your powder ability and become the envy of your friends as you tell them about Cat skiing in the Cariboos in sight of the majestic Mount Robson. Let the heated Snowcat do the work and prowl 914 metres (3,000 vertical feet) up. Trees give way to the alpine meadows as you burst through the clouds into stunning blue skies. Harness the anticipation then and channel the intensity of the moment as you point your skis and let yourself go.
Small but Mighty
Bring your back country/downhill skis, snowboard, snowshoes or toboggan and try out our 5-Mile Community Ski Hill. In the summer, the 5-Mile Road is the access for the Bike Park and in the winter it is access for several winter activities. Get a friend to give you a ride up on a snowmobile or, get a work out in, and ski or snowshoe up the road. YORA grooms these trails on semi-regular basis. There is an outhouse, fire pit, picnic table and parking at the staging area.
Top Ways to Experience Skiing and Snowboarding in Valemount
- Reserve a seat with Cariboo Snowcats and head up Mica Mountain where you’ll spend the day exploring extreme powder.
- Take a GoPro video of your epic ride to show friends and family when you return.
- What a playground! Take the kids for an adventure they’ll never forget when you book a family Snowcat trip.
- Celebrate a milestone at the top of the world! Plan an unforgettable birthday, bachelorette or bachelor party
- Drink it in. The air is a bit thinner up here, so breathe deep. Let the mountains move you
- Are you a pro? Try out some new gear and the latest equipment. Push yourself, tear into the powder and ride!
- Throw on some touring equipment and climb to unbelievable vantage points. Earn your turns as you propel yourself up the mountain before carving your way down.
- Looking for luxury? Unwind in a spectacular setting, as tour operators offer outstanding accommodation.
Need to Know
- Intermediate to advance powder skiing abilities are necessary for Snowcat skiing. Contact the tour provider to see what skill level is required.
- Tour groups usually range in size from between six to 12 skiers/snowboarders.
- Powder skiing/snowboarding is physically demanding. To get the most from your experience requires you to be in good physical condition.
- Experienced guides will provide a short lesson prior to descent, as well as equip you with necessary avalanche safety gear.
- While safety is paramount, there are risks involved when skiing/riding in deep powder.
- Be prepared for variable conditions. Weather conditions change dramatically at high altitude
- Routes/opportunities change with varying ski/snow conditions.
When to Go
- Our Snowcat season gets underway in mid-December and depending on snow levels and conditions, wraps up in mid-April.