Things to Do
Explore recreational activities, local attractions, and things to do in Valemount, BC this summer.
Let the Mountains Move You in Summer
Summer in Valemount is packed with unique adventures. Heli-hiking and Cat-skiing are great ways to explore our mountains in summer and winter. There’s more adventure for you as you white-water raft down the mighty Fraser River in the shadow of the magnificent Mount Robson.
Down in the valley, explore our trails by foot, on your mountain bike, ATV, or high atop a horse. The Valemount Bike Park, a favourite destination of many riders. Access Valemount Trails from your smartphone or GPS on Trail Forks. Golfers will love the lush forests that frame the Valemount Pines Golf and RV Park.
Whether you’re more at home in a canoe, a kayak or a motorboat, there are plenty of lakes, creeks and rivers here. There are more fishing holes in this area than you could ever experience in a single visit. Get up close to the wild and spend your day riding the rapids on the mighty Fraser River.
Camp in Valemount and rekindle your love of nature in our backyard. Brilliant sunsets give way to mystic twilights as you ready the campfire for the night.
We have great signature events including: the vALEmount Craft Beer Experience, Valemountain Days, the Canoe Mountain Rodeo, the Mud Races and the Robson Valley Music Festival.
Top Ways to Let the Mountains Move You in Summer
- Camp at Kinbasket and let your ATVing days be as leisurely as you like, as the staging area is the perfect starting point for dozens of epic adventures
- Rent a pontoon boat from Terracana Ranch Resortand spend the day discovering the Fraser River
- Ride the rapids! Book a white-water tour with Stellar Descents or Mount Robson White-water Rafting
- Cowboy up at the Canoe Mountain Rodeo, an annual summer tradition
- Visit Cranberry Marsh at sunrise or dusk in the spring or the fall to glimpse some of the over 140 species of birds who call this area home
- Fish the mighty Fraser at Overlander or Rearguard, please check fishing regulations to see what distance you need to fish from the falls
- Get some practice on the driving range at Valemount Pines Golf and RV Park
- Spend the day exploring the forests, valleys and rolling mountain trails surrounding Valemount when you get in the saddle
- Come for Valemountain Days our annual celebration of summer
Need To Know
- Be prepared for sudden weather changes
- Please respect campfire bans
- Remember to pack out whatever you pack in. Mother Nature appreciates it when you leave no trace that you were there
- Always pack a first-aid kit and carry it with you
- Consumption of mushrooms and other natural items like berries can be hazardous. When in doubt, don’t eat it
- All surface water should be boiled, filtered or otherwise treated prior to use
- Life jackets are mandatory when boating on area waters
- Fishing licences are required and can be purchased at the Valemount Visitor Centre and Service BC
- When boating, watch for floating logs and other debris
- When camping on the Berg Lake trail in Mount Robson you must register at the Mount Robson Visitor Centre before you go
- Bring insect repellent and be aware that ticks come out in early spring
- Give wildlife space, and never feed wildlife. Even if it doesn’t appear dangerous, it could be in the right circumstances.
- Safely store your food and dispose of garbage in bear-proof garbage receptacles provided on site, be bear smart.
- Dogs must be leashed and controlled in area campgrounds
When to Go
- Have fun camping in Valemount from May to October
- River fishing is best right after run-off clears in late spring, while area lakes are excellent year round. Check with the Valemount Visitor Centre to find out which fish are protected and in which season
- View the Chinook salmon run in late August or early September
- Find excellent birding opportunities in April, May and June